President Michael D. Higgins officially opened the new Military Archives, Cathal Brugha Barracks in Dublin, which is a flagship project for the 1916 Rising Commemorations programmed. This is one of seven capital projects which will act as permanent reminders of the centenary of the 1916 Rising. The archives will hold the archival records of the Defence Forces, the Department of Defence and the Army Pension Board.
This contract is the largest Installation of Electronic Mobile Shelving in Ireland and our local partner Storage Systems Ltd is very proud and honoured to be involved in this state project to celebrate the centenary of the 1916 Easter Rising.
- 22km of storage shelves
- 140,000kg of steel
- 1,500 man hours of installation labour
- 800kg loading capacity per bay
- 8,000kg loading per movable carriage
- Largest movable block is 88,000kg storing 6,765 archive boxes which opens within ten seconds of a simply touch to the operational touch panel.
- Largest Installation of Electronic Mobile Shelving in Ireland