On the Urban Office Interiors Blog appeared an interesting articel; Modern office storage – Divide the workspace. The blogger mentioned that in the recent year the cost of office floor space rental has risen and many companies have been required to take a good look at how their space is maximised. Thanks to the integration of smaller personal computers and divices such as tablets and phones, the desktop surface has been allowed to decrease in size. Office storage on the other-hand has been slower to make the transition.
Workspace designers have teamed up with office storage manufacturers and looked into the way storage has been commonly used. No longer is office storage part of the background, its at the forefront of layout design. With careful consideration and planning, use office storage to divide the workspace to save floorspace and expensive partitioning of office space. Thoughts:
- use the height of the room when storage is used against a wall by placing Sysco® Shelving
- use office storage as a divide for work zones by placing Sysco® Office cabinets
- divide desks from other areas such as print areas or quick meeting points by placing Acoustic Sysco® shelving
- save on bookable meeting rooms for short meetings by utilising meeting or breakout areas close to you work area by placing a Bruynzeel Office Unit
- think about acoustics – office storage can be manufactured with acoustic panneling or perforated panels to aid the absorption of travelling sounds